1) ELIGIBILITY: The Central Pacific Bank Foundation’s WE by Rising Tide program (“Program”) is open to businesses registered in the State of Hawaii that meet the following criteria:
Do not apply for this Program if you do not meet the eligibility requirements. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility of any applicant at any time.
2) SPONSOR: The Sponsors of this Program (“Sponsor”) is the Central Pacific Bank Foundation, 220 South King Street, Honolulu, HI 96813, Member FDIC, and also the aio Foundation, 1000 Bishop street Suite 202, Honolulu, HI 96813. Program Partners are the Patsy T. Mink Center for Business & Leadership and Central Pacific Bank.
3) HOW TO APPLY: NO PURCHASE OR TRANSACTION IS NECESSARY TO APPLY. The Program application begins on April 14, 2023, and ends on May 31, 2023 (the “Application Period”). Applicants must submit the application form online at risingtidehawaii.com. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any application it deems incomplete, incoherent, illegible, inappropriate, or abusive. Sponsor is not responsible for applications which are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, undelivered, delayed, misdirected, or cannot be completed due to electronic or technical difficulties, regardless of cause.
4) BUSINESS SELECTION: Business will be selected for the Program from the pool of applications received during the Application Period. Applications will go through an initial review process to determine Program eligibility by a selection committee consisting of small business subject matter experts and community partners. Selection criteria to receive an Interview are based on meeting application requirements and fully completed application responses. Businesses selected for an interview will be notified via email, for an online interview. Interviews with the selection committee will take place between May 30 and June 30, 2023. Selection criteria to be accepted into the Program are based on weighted scorecard from applicant responses to interview questions focused on their business. Sponsor shall have no liability for a business’s failure to receive emails due to spam or other security settings or for applicant’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If an applicant cannot be contacted, or fails to respond to the Sponsor’s email, Sponsor may select another business to participate in the Program.
5) BENEFIT(S): Up to 20 businesses will be selected for the Program. The businesses accepted into the Program are eligible for a 10-week Program running from August 2, 2023, to October 5, 2023, that includes training and advertising opportunities to promote their business.
6) BUSINESS NOTIFICATION: Businesses selected for the Program will receive a notification via email by July 14, 2023. Notification to business applicants not accepted to the program will be sent by July 19, 2023. Sponsor shall have no liability for a business’s failure to receive notices due to spam or other security settings or for applicant’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If an applicant cannot be contacted, or fails to respond to Sponsor’s email, Sponsor may select another business to participate in the Program.
Once notified, accepted businesses must reply to the notification from Sponsor within three business days of Sponsor sending notification and requesting to prepare and supply the content required. Participant(s) may be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release, Conflict of Interest and Confidentiality agreements, and where legal, a Publicity Release, and IRS Form W-9, and any other forms required by Sponsor, all of which must be returned within seven days from date of issuance thereof or the benefit(s) will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate recipient. If a potential recipient is not reachable at the telephone number, mailing address or e-mail address provided and a forwarding mailing address or e-mail address is not made available or if benefit(s) notification is returned as undeliverable, then the benefit(s) will be forfeited, and an alternate recipient may be selected. Determinations made by Sponsor are final on all matters relating to the Program.
7) GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering this Program, each applicant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the decisions of Sponsor. Each applicant agrees that this Program is governed by the laws of the State of Hawaii without regard to its principles of conflicts of law. Jurisdiction for any legal proceedings related to the Program shall take place solely in Honolulu, Hawaii. As a condition of entering the Program, each applicant agrees that (i) under no circumstances will an applicant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each applicant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (ii) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Program or any benefit(s) awarded shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; and (iii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred excluding in all cases any and all attorney fees incurred by an applicant. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Program if it is not capable of running as planned and award benefit(s) from among all eligible applications received prior to cancellation. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Program, in its entirety or in part, should tampering, unauthorized intervention, counterfeiting, fraud, technical failures, or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Program. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any applicant it finds to be tampering with the application process or the operation of the Program, to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions or any laws, or to be attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Program by cheating, hacking, deception, misappropriation, infringement, or any other unfair playing practices, poor sportsmanship, or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other applicants or Sponsor’s representatives. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify these Terms and Conditions at any time, without cause or prior notice, and to interpret these Terms and Conditions and make decisions regarding the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions at any time in its sole and absolute discretion.
8) RIGHTS GRANTED BY PROGRAM PARTICIPANTS: By entering the Program, participants grant Sponsor, Program Partners, and each of its affiliates the right to use their name, address, likeness/images, and/or statements made during the Program for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Program without further compensation, notice or consent, in any and all forms of media, unless prohibited by law. All applications and all content related thereto become the property of Sponsor, which reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Program, including submissions provided by any applicant, for editorial, marketing, and any other purpose (including without limitation informing applicants about special offers from Sponsor and/or its trusted partners) unless prohibited by law.
9) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By applying for the Program, each applicant hereby agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Program Partners, and Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter, and each of their parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, affiliates of any of the foregoing, and all of their respective agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders and employees from and against any claim or liability for any bodily injury, loss, cost or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property damage sustained due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the creation of an application including without limitation any and all claims for copyright infringement, invasion of privacy, violation of the right of privacy or publicity or defamation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the benefit(s) or parts thereof, if applicable, or participation in the program or participation in any program or related activity. Except where prohibited by law, all benefit(s) are awarded “AS IS” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including without limitation any implied warranties of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE).
This Program is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter. Instagram is a trademark of Instagram, LLC. Facebook is a trademark of Facebook, Inc. LinkedIn is a trademark of LinkedIn Corporation. Twitter is a trademark of Twitter, Inc.